My addiction for the past months has been watching old films. Seriously! Not to sound interesting or hipster or whatever but I just do not know what it is about the plots in these films, they are just so good and different. I don't think I have watched a movie like that in recent time.
My favorite and my "I recommend" list of classics for today:
1. CasaBlanca: Forty thumbs up. This is my new favourite movie. It is sooo heartbreaking.
2. Breakfast at Tiffany's: I was not expecting this at all. I thought it was about a snooty woman who had gourmet food at a snooty place and wore Tiffany's jewellery. I was sooo wrong. This movie is sooo hilarious, and Audrey H. is a total nutt! Fantastic, it is actually called B. @ T. because Audrey H. was some sort of high class escort (not really, sort of) and every morning her taxi would drop her off in front of Tiffany's and she would have breakfast out of a paper bag.
3. Gone With the Wind: It is soooo long, but you don't feel it. The movie is fantastic but I loved it also because except for her stupidity in love, Scarlett reminds me of my grandmother. Wow, did that woman have balls, character and a knack for business, not to mention beauty!
Books: The Bell Jar - Sylvia Plath
Anyone who knows me knows I am sucker for Quentin Tarantino and his kick ass Kung Fu women. He sort of made my weekend (and I had no idea this was coming out so it was really nice and unexpected):
1. The Man with the Iron Fists: Really Gory as you can expect, lots of Kung Fu (I loved it how now I was like "oh look: he's doing Tiger claw :p"), kick ass women all around, and a lot of really pretty Asian ladies :)
Movies to look forward to:
1. TWILIGHT!!! Breaking Dawn part II - out Nov. 16
2. On the Road - December
3. Django Unchained - Xmas day (new film by Quentin, Leo is in this one.)
4. The Great Gatsby - Sometime next year. (Hurry up Leo. He's in this one too.)
|Good ol' Burberry coat.|
|Jcrew French hen sweater, Madewell Silk pants|
|These are actually plain patent pumps from Nine West. I bought the shoe clips here.|
|Tiffany's necklace :)|