Tuesday 1 May 2012

R.I.P. Betsey Johnson...




... her line of clothing that is. 

Yesterday I read that Betsey Johnson filed for Chapter 11 bankruptcy  :(  Whilst, you will not particularly see me wearing any of her pink puffy prom dresses, it does make me really sad. I used to really love her designs when I was younger and actually amassed a large amount of cool jewelry through the years.

Needless to say, 350 people have been laid off and the stores will be closed :( The good news is everything will go on sale (already some dresses are online), and I believe she will still produce accessories and sell some clothes in department stores, so evrything is not lost... 

I am sure people will miss her cartwheeling down the runway though...



Betsey Johnson FW2012





...and a few outfit shots...


Zara Jacket and Jeans, Jcrew Tshirt



Zara Shoes

Mayan Belt - Casa de Oro. NOTE: it is only cool to wear these if you DO NOT live in Honduras, and this only because everyone has them there and they are so pasee.

No comments:

Post a Comment