Friday 9 March 2012

Happy Birthday Angie...

... featuring Salva.


**push play for some happiness**

 
**haha, this picture reminds me of when Jason and I have Krumping competitions in the kitchen. It is a VERY VERY horrible thing to see. LOL**

HAPPY BIRTHDAY ANGIE!!!
It's my friend Angie's B-Day today!! HAPPY BIRTHDAY DOLL!!
**All things pretty: Angie is so pretty :)**





This is what I will look like this evening at Angie's Soiree:

The awesomeness of these $9 high-wasted, lace pants is out of this world!
** Painting by my dearest friend Federico Rosa. You can purchase some here.





I bought these pants at Urban Outfitters for $9. I swear. I actually hated Urban outfitters, and this is the first time I have bought anything there. Ever. This shirt is from Zara (and is my favorite, I believe). Shoes: Nine west.


 What Salva wore in Argentina...




 
Books

My mother finished reading this book and gave it to me about a year ago. I finally got around to it this week because I am a compulsive book shopper and my reading list is way too long. I am so jealous of this books heroin and wish I was her.

This is the true story about a bourgeois French Countess from Bayonne(actually, I am still trying to understand if she was really a countess or if she made this up) who was completely insane (not clinically, I mean in an interesting way). 

She was very "ballsy" and adventurous and she was hired by the Brits to be a spy in the Middle East. So while being a spy she shacked up with Lawence of Arabia (how hott is that?!) and at some point she married a Muslim guy just because she wanted to go to Mecca (because it pissed her off that she was not allowed to go because she wasn't Muslim). Despite her best efforts to conceal herself under her Hijab and her Abaya, she ended up in jail for this (because you are not supposed to go to Mecca unless you are Muslim). She got there though. Just because she was told she couldn't go. 

I still have not found out if she got out of jail, will keep you posted.

Crazy, amazing woman, I am living vicariously through her right now.



(My mom is amazing, she is super cultured and always recommends the best things. She IS the renaissance woman. She is classy, she can cook, she is a business woman by day, chic diplomat & artist by night. She is very artsy and she takes me to plays and museums and hands me down her awesome wardrobe from her size zero days :D... Oh, and she can party.  <3)


This is my mom & I on one of our trips to see 
"interesting things":
This was at an Ice Hotel in Quebec. The whole thing was made of Ice, the rooms, the bar, the chandeliers... pretty impressive. And all chairs and beds were covered in exotic furs. I am holding a glass made of ice... I am not sure what my mom is wearing besides a fur coat... My coat is Mackage, My boots are Burberry and my gloves are Banana republic...


MOVIES


Woody Allen is just perfection. I don't buy many movies, and my collection only has movies that I know I will enjoy just as much the second, third and fourth times around. 

Midnight in Paris made it on my list from the opening line. It had me at hello. 

I can't imagine anyone who isn't familiar with Woody's movies, but if you haven't watched these and have a lazy weekend ahead, do it! They are quirky in the most genius of ways. Just like Woody.


I understand Owen Wilson in this film completely. I feel the same nostalgic/romantic feeling for writers, and artists, and for Hemingway hanging out with Fitzgerald and Ezra Pound... 

I loved, loved, loved this movie.  I don't know what else to say. It was definitely not forgettable. Penelope Cruz is an insane maniac in this film and it is so fun to watch...

BohoHop PlayList

1. Young, Wild & Free - Snoop Dogg & Whiz Khalifa
2. In This Club - Usher
3. Sand Castle Disco - Solange Knowls
4. Hate or Love It - Mary J Blige
5. Shark in the Water - VV Brown
6. My Place - Nelly
7. Everybody Knows - John Legend
8. Smokin' Gun - JadaKiss ft. Jazmine Sullivan

No comments:

Post a Comment