Saturday 3 March 2012

The modern 40's...


"Tavi Gevinson and my Grandma" inspired outfit.... 


I have gotten the Tshirt and skirt thing from Tavi (other bloggers are such an inspiration, some of them have the coolest styles, and come up with the most amazing things), the long dress/skirt thing from the 40's and this picture of my grandma of her wearing a polka-dotted dress that looks kind of like this skirt. I have been meaning to raid her closet for quite some time. Remind me to do that next time I am in Honduras... I got this fur coat from my mom from when we used to live in Den Haag, Amsterdam in the 80's. I love it because it is designed so you can pull the sleeves up 3/4s and it looks really cool, I can't wait to wear this with shorts. It also has her initials sewn on the inside! <3LOVES<3


Vintage  fur from my mom's size zero days..









Grandma skirts, I want...











2 comments:

  1. yay! it finally worked! old clothes are SO PRETTY. i wish i would have been more interested in clothes when my grandma was getting rid of all her vintage stuff in japan, especially all the decades of clothes they accumulated when they were doing their diplomatic service. i did hold onto some things that i wore to the Harvard new year party and all these people knew what brand they were... amazing bc it was stuff i had never heard of bc it's old school but i get it's a collector's thing now. my mom has really beautiful fur coats too bc she was such a princess but in boston they throw ketchup at you... :( it's good you still have the chance to acquire them. we got rid of our big house in tokyo (we now have a condo) and my mom donated like 90% of her things bc she doesn't need them in honduras. UGH. i'm an idiot.

    ReplyDelete