Tuesday 21 February 2012

Dear Jason Wu, you can run but you can't hide...



I have decided to take a break from posting about Fashion-week as I feel the need to discuss some other "seriously important" topics (such as why you should wear skinny jeans instead of any other kind). I WILL have to post about Paris Fashion week however, because anyone who is anyone is presenting. Obviously the collections are pure visual delight and your eyes will thank me for it (this will happen sometime next week)... So today will be my last post about Fashion Week until then.

Yesterday I asked the "blogger boyfriend" to take me to the U.S. because I HAD to go to Target and see if there was anything left of Jason Wu's collection.... When I got there, they told me that "This Target is not big enough to carry that line. If you drive just an hour an a half down that way you can find the other Target"... This was extremely depressing, so I hung me head low and walked my little well dressed tooshy down to Panera Bread for a "U Pick 2" and a bear claw... 

The problem is when something becomes so impossible to obtain, I can't help but want it more, so next weekend I will have to try again and see if I can convince everyone to go on an even longer road-trip with me (seriously people, I clearly live in a dust bowl... It should not be this complicated to get a skirt). 

This is what I wore:

Coat: Benetton

Skirt: Club Monaco, shirt: Banana republic, cardigan, J Crew.

Details: big dots, little dots and some red cable knit...



Todays "bestest" for Fashion Week

Ozwald Boateng, because he was the first tailor to stage a catwalk show in Paris. He designs the most debonair and "coolest" suits on Savile Row, London (a street where the "creme de la creme" of all tailors are located - also known as the "golden mile of tailoring"). Also because "the blogger boyfriend" loves him, and it was actually him who taught me about Boateng a few years back! His theme this season was Safari. 



Bally. Even though I do not find Bally particularly creative I do associate them with uttermost elegance. Also, they hold a dear place in my heart because my father only wears Bally shoes  (he always buys the same pair and asks my mother "How do you like these shoes I just bought?") <3...


 


Roksanda Ilincic  had some interesting pieces...



And the best of the day will be Meadham Kirchhoff. Playful, creative, and really cute... :) This totally reminds me of Marie Antoinette! Doesn't it? Loves...































1 comment:

  1. Meadham Kirchhoff is the sweetheart here. Although I would prefer her designs with skirts and not with those japanese "buruma" with french twists. That makes it look LAdy Gaga-ish and I'm tired of everything going Gaga nowadays. The Ilincic proposes a very sober and pretty wearable alternative for the day-2-day. And Boateng: ZOMG Hats, hats, hats! who could resist them?

    ReplyDelete